Tuesday 28 February 2012

This weekend!

Okay so this weekend has been one of the best weekends of my life! And that is no exaggeration. I travelled to Birmingham to take part in my training for Zambia.
I met the people who I was travelling with to Birmingham at the train station and then got on the train! This journey was fun in itself! it was really nice to meet the people as they were so funny! As I already knew one its as nice to have a much needed catch up :)
when we got to the Harbourne hall, a place i highly recommend staying, we were greeted by a group of 4 people. we immediately introduced ourselves and never really left their sides! after about an hour a lot of people arrived and it was nice to meet the people I met at my interview day and also the new people! The first day we just done a few 'get to know' games and a brief introduction of the days. We were then able to chill! We all decided to go down to the local pub! this was a really weird concept for me as I don't generally go to pubs and we were actually allowed off site! The only catch with going to the pub was we had to walk through a graveyard; after watching women in black this was not a good idea! But everyone we met was so friendly and such amazing people!
So the next day kicked off with some people feeling a little worse for wear; this was hilarious! we started off with looking at development overall and what we though development was. We done a few activities looking at sustainability and our views on this. Throughout this day we got to know people more and also broaden our knowledge on the subject.

Then that night everyone tended to chill apart from a few guys that went out to celebrate a birthday! it was a good evening to chill and watch harry potter ;D I shall do another post on the next few days as i realised this is a tad long!

No comments:

Post a Comment