Tuesday 28 February 2012

The weekend 2!

Okay so the second day we looked at cultural awareness. This was major shock to me and I think everyone. One thing that really stood out to me was the concept that I had. I thought that because I was going to a different county shorts a t-shirts would suffice; I was so wrong. I didn't think about what local people wore, that they actually have jobs and care about their experiences. writing this seems a little stupid but how many people think 'im going away doesn't really matter how I look?' if not then ooops. But that made me realise that the people we will be working with are going to be people just like anyone and we will be fully submerged into their life! I really think that the cultural difference will matter a lot because I am already missing the amazing people that I spent the weekend with, never mind 3 months!
We also got to act a lot more on this day,! we got to do a mock trial ish which was really fun! We had to look at people's views on ICS on whether what ICS are doing is actually good. For this I was the prosecutor that ICS was a bad thing, that actually the money would be spent better elsewhere. This as a really interesting concept and it was mad to think that people actually thought that the money would be better spent elsewhere. I really believe that ICS is a really good organisation that is planning on doing the best for development.
After this we looked at health, well it was actually before this! This really scared me. I am already scared of needles so that pretty much freaked me out! But I'm able to prepare for a lot :D

Then we looked at things to do with safety and all that jazz :) yet again scared me but it made me happy :) as it was the last night everyone decided to go out, apart from a few of us! we took hole of this to play hide and seek! you're probably thinking that that is silly, but it was so good! because the building was massive and used to be a hospital, nunnery, part school and other stuff it was stupidly scary. I ended up hiding in a bath with james :D this was stupidly fun! :) so yeah this was fun! we stayed up til like half 3 playing games :)

then the last day we done individual placements. This made me so excited because i thought i knew exactly what i was doing; yep i was wrong. All i know is that my placement will be working with young people :D this makes me really happy! :D Even though we aren't too sure about sanitation and that it makes me happy! :) In Zambia i will be paired up with another English fellow then paired up with a Zambian pair! then off we go to a family or home! this is after 10 days of intense training! Just thinking about it is making me tired! but I am so glad to be doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment