Sunday 8 January 2012

Changing

I've been inspired to write this from an amazing person that is going to Uganda for 3 months to volunteer; he is such an amazing person.
A lot of people, including myself, find change hard. People like their comfort zones and it’s the amazing people that step out of them. Change often scares people for numerous reasons. One of the things that scare me about change is losing the people that were there previously. People make everything better and I know I rely on a lot of people. the most recent change that has made me think a lot, is the change of the Nessie group, a social inclusion project that I am involved with This time last year about 15 people attended (this is a lot to fit on a canal boat) we had 2 amazing staff and it was just enjoyable! But now there is like 5 that attend, and I am not the best at attending through other activities. And we have a staff change because the other staff kind of lost hope in us. The staff we have now are amazing and they’ve really kicked us into gear. This change hurt at things because we've lost what we used to be, but frankly it's going to be an adventure. We have a smaller focus group so we can get things done. We have aims and goals that look achievable. It gives more of us a leading role in putting our strengths forward and helping those that we know we can!

Through life things change, some for the better and some not to, but everything that happens, I believe, happens for a reason. I understand not everyone believes in the same things as everyone else and I’m not here to press my belief on anyone. But I do believe things happen for a reason. Even the bad things, we always get something out of them, even if at the time we can never see it. That’s why change is important (right now I’m listening to a McFly song called sorry isn’t good enough, which is controversy to what I’m writing hahaha) but change is important to help us grow as people and as groups. Without change we will be stuck in the same position and we will lose reality in our lives.

It’s amazing what changes can do in our lives but You Can Do Anything that you put your mind to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment