Sunday 29 January 2012

Inspiration

So I actually have something to bog about today! Today I went to my first fireside with YSA, and I was just mesmerised from start to end; everything that they said mattered to me. They spoke about Patriachal blessings, something I'm hoping to get soon. They spoke about how the Devil has a way in making us think and feel. For people reading this who isn't apart of the church, I know how weird it sounds. When I joined the church I didn't think about the Devil he seemed, to me, like a fictional character that got defeated and didn't exist, but life isn't a story book. The Devil does exist, and as I'm writing this I want to almost laugh at myself, but the words that were spoken tonight were the feelings that I had been feeling; it made everything so true. It's really hard to explain how I am feeling right now but everything about tonight was just right, well give and take a few personal issues. But the way that we were dressed, I felt so grown up and I just felt that I actually belonged where I was. The people surrounding me also, are people that I just love and it amazes me that even though I meet with these amazing people twice a week, every time I talk to them or someone more, I just get a completely different feeling, a good feeling, and it's just amazes me. Also tonight was a struggle to get thee as there were complications with lifts etc, but a man called Paulo brought me in the end. Paulo is such an amazing man, he is the most kindest, generous man ever. He makes me laugh, I can talk to him about anything, he really is the dad I wish I had. Today he gave me my first quad, a book that has 4 books in. This means so much to me because a set of scriptures is such a powerful thing and he knew that I couldn't afford to get my own. I can now study the scriptures in depth and I just feel whole. It saddens me that not everyone can feel these emotions that I am feeling right now. I just want to scream about it to everyone, which coincides has now made me want to serve a mission. I say that if I'm not married by then, then I will, but I don't want to be married before then! I want to serve a mission, I want to make people feel what I feel.

These things are just amazing and the people around me are also.

No comments:

Post a Comment