Sunday 22 January 2012

The Influence Others Have On Us

Today at Church we were blessed to have Elder Keir (may be spelt wrong) give a talk and to also teach us when Relief Society, Priest Hood and Young Women came together. I have never came across this man before but by gosh, he is the definition of inspirational. When he first spoke the first thing that came into my head was Shrek; he's Scottish. But the words he spoke today was nothing of a fairy tale. He reached out to me with his infectious smile and the words that he spoke; he made me truly feel the Holy Ghost. Our first speaker was from President King. He spoke about how his jacket pocket are always full of notes and leaflets and personal items to hi. It made me think of the things that I carry around, not only physically but mentally as well. It's made me realise so many things :) Today I also got called to be Relief Society Music something, and to me this was a huge thing. Lately I have been thinking a few things, but when I was being set apart the words that was spoken to me really gave me the confidence and the knowledge that I needed. It's amazing how a testiony can grow over a prayer that is being said. I knew that the words which were being spoken to me was correct and was perfect. There is times like this where I am really grateful for what I have and my belief in things. Elder Keir is such an ispirational man and church had a whole new feel to it. It's something that everyone is welcome and invited to check out

No comments:

Post a Comment