Wednesday 18 January 2012

The gift of helping someone

Throughout my life I've always wanted to help people, it brings me great joy to do so. I will always try my best to do things for them, guaranteed not all the time, and find ways to make things easier. And I have always thought that people always took this help and people always want to combat it. But recently I've given help to people that dont want to take it. I understand, to a certain degree, that accepting help off others can be a difficult thing to do, you want to do everything by yourself and show the world that you can do it, but in these circumstances you need to accept the help. In one particular incident I was helping someone improve their ways as they had really hurt some people, but not just for other people for themselves as it wasnt a good way of life they were choosing. But this person hasnt even thought twice on this help. For this person to accept the help would have been a great thing as I really thought highly of this person, but now I'm thinking it was all a waste of time. People put trust in other people and to have that trust taken away is such a horrible thing. The worst thing is though is when you see this person suffering and you have to choose not to do anything.
What i've learnt is that you need to help people to help themselves. This is something that I need to learn to do.
If people offer to help you then accept their help! But actually work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment